11.04.2009

Top O' The Food Chain

Maybe it's my environment of attending a career-driven college or not, but I really feel as though this generation wants to learn. We want to strive. We want to be the best of the best, and grow old doing what we love. We all want to continue our education and receive a piece of paper with a signature that denotes our commitment to that says we want a good paying (and interesting) career. It used to be the shameful thing back in the day when we were the smart kid and everyone wanted to copy test answers off of us. Now, we all want to look, speak, and act smart.



What does this have to do with trends and fashion? Glasses! A while back, black square-framed glasses came into the scene, making them one of the top accessories that girls and guys wore (even for those who don't need prescription glasses!) We want to look nerdy, but we also want to look hip all at the same time! The great thing about these basic framed glasses is that they match to almost anything and everything! We can use them to dress up our outfit, or dress it down. Possibilities are endless.
photo: brownsfashion.com

They're pretty amazing. Just ask this dude here who's actually gone beyond and used round frames....

photo: me



Speaking of careers.... I had the amazing opportunity to hear a presentation by Amy Astley, the Chief Editor of Teen Vogue! It was such a helpful tune to my ears. She was presenting to us FIDM students about the new book that's been released : The Teen Vogue Hand Book, An Insider's Guide to Careers in Fashion. I've already begun reading it and I can't put it down! Reading the advice of various people from Karl Lagerfeld to random interns helps A LOT.
photo: me





And! To compliment this wonderful experience, I was able to have a mini conversation with miss Amy and have her sign my Hand Book that I bought.



photo: me

Alright folks! Happy blogging with ya'll.
araxie a.
RueElectric

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Website Hit Counter
E L E C T R I F I E D