10.17.2010

ViNTAGE ExPO

I feel like the song I'm currently listening to (Beautiful Stranger - Madonna) feels appropriate to my general mood from today.

Today was the first time I had visited the Vintage Expo and let me tell you something, I am DEFINITELY going to try my hardest to visit it each time. Next one is in February! Something that most people don't know about me.... I'm a "junk" collector. I have a drawer full of things that have not seen daylight for 2+ years.. and it continues to grow. I like to value "things". They are a part of history, and history is the foundation of today and tomorrow. Vintage to me is magical. I noticed a bridal photo of a newly wed today, and I thought to myself... at the time of this photo, this couple was completely unaware of what this specific was to become in the future. 100 years later, and their precious, valuable photo was for sale. think about it. I'm blabbing.

OKAY! This is a trend-spotting site. Now, you're probably thinking... how in the world does vintage tie in with MODERN trends? Well... it's all about dusty pink, feathers, jewels, lace, sequins, and metallic. Screams vintage to me
photo: hannatouma.com


Please please PLEASE excuse the quality. I have two cameras... and this morning, I was stuck with the poorest of the two. Anyways, enjoy!




Yes... that was an actual working clock purse!








Miniature version of the purse that I only dream of owning.

ferretti and cavalli


favorite! they wore matching colors!



OH! how could I forget!!!! I bought this swimsuit... but I love it soo much (and I hardly have time for the beach) that I'm just going to be wearing it as a top. The possibilities are endless!



all photos, except first : me

Nice of you to enter my fashion experience.
araxie a.
Rue Electric

2 comments:

  1. +1 on the clock purse. Totally should use it whenever someone asks if you know what time it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha!!! I could just imagine that scene. "Oh... let me just pull out my PURSE"
    but it was expensive... or else I would have bought it. $70 some dollars!

    ReplyDelete

 
Website Hit Counter
E L E C T R I F I E D