6.15.2011

Flo + the (beautiful) Machine

FINALLY!!! My most anticipated concert of the year had finally arrived (on Monday)! Nothing was going to stop me this time from listening to (and really being mesmorized by) one of my favorite musicians. She opened up with My Boy Builds Coffins, ended with a new song, and somewhere in between played Cosmic Love (fave song) & Howl (also fave song). I felt my body naturally move to the sound of her voice and rhythms without a worry in the world... feeling free.






Speaking of feeling free, a lot of the same trends kept popping up amongst the concert-goers. One thing's for sure... a LOT of feathers. In the hair, on a necklace, earrings... you name it!
What's also cool is that I ran into a fellow fashion Blogger!

 Meet LA INSPIRATION. very nice gal!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Then of course, you have the laid back personality. I guess she thought it was odd when I asked to take her picture because of the way she responded... but I definitely found her style interesting! Simplicity is ALWAYS key. Come to think of it, I really liked her cross body bag... I just wish I realized that it wasn't shown in the picture after the fact. bleh.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I haven't really noticed it much yet, but sequins definitely creep their way into every season. Exhibit A! It's practically summer (by definition it is, not by the actual weather forecast's definition), and this girl's truly rockin her sequin skirt. Not to mention, the girl in the tights seemed to manage to make her ensemble appropriate for spring/summer by putting twist braids in her hair and that khaki bag. Also, she totally played it smart because I ended up freezing my butt off in shorts!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As if it weren't enough that these two girls looked like twin sisters, they looked really cute and trendy together! The flower in her hair, the bright stitching on the cardigan, and beaded sandals made for a really comfy, spring outfit. Cross body bags are still going strong and are definitely here to stay. The girl on the right, not sure if she did this on purpose, but I'm digging the royal blue purse as it catches your attention against the dark lilac lace. Brights and neons are work best during the summer... which is why I believe this outfit worked well.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Overall, great music + people watching + trendy crowd called for a very successful night. photos: me

araxie a.
Rue Electric

3 comments:

  1. So nice to meet you!! Love the pic & thanks for the shout out!! See you around, I hope!! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so nice meeting you at the Florence concert! Thanks so much for taking a picture of me and my sister! I didn't know I was very trendy haha I just shared your wonderful blog on my facebook and my friends love it. Hope you keep doing what you love! (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you guys!! I know great style when I see it :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Website Hit Counter
E L E C T R I F I E D